Sunday, March 2, 2008

Landrum in Meridian

Meridian Star - David Landrum: A business-like approach to politics
Star: Can you clarify your voting record?

Landrum: Unfortunately, this campaign has turned negative, and I have been personally attacked and accused of not voting for Governor Barbour in 2003. Here’s the story. I moved to North Jackson in 2002. I filled out the form to change our voter registration with a friend of the family. When I went to vote, I found out my name wasn’t on the list, so I voted by affidavit ballot. I was told it would work itself out, and my form was sure to go through before the general election. Well, I went back in November to vote, and once again, my name was not on the list. So, I voted by affidavit ballot once again. Even though there were problems with my registration, I was proud to stand in line and cast my vote for Governor Barbour.

Star: Can you explain your donations to Ronnie Musgrove's campaign?

Landrum: Back in 2003, I had some business associates that were very interested in tort reform, as we all were. They talked to me and asked me to make a contribution, which I did.

However, my political support has always been with Governor Barbour. So much that he asked me to serve on his Transition Team in 2003 and his Finance Committee in 2007. I also served on the Steering Committee for Phil Bryant. Through donations, I’ve supported the Republican Party and Republican candidates more than any other candidate running in this race. My support has always been with the Republican Party.

Star: What is the primary goal you wish to accomplish as congressman?

Landrum: My primary goal I want to accomplish is being known as a true advocate for the people of the Third District. If elected, I understand my job is to represent the Third District, not special interests. My primary focus will be on economic development and ensuring our troops and veterans have a voice in Congress to help cut through red tape.




Meridian Star - We have been forgotten ...Vets unload VA grievances on congressional candidate - When 3rd U.S. Congressional District candidate Republican David Landrum of Brandon attended a meeting of approximately 50 veterans Wednesday afternoon in Meridian, he was blasted by complaints they had about representatives with VA Medical Center and the VA Regional Office in Jackson. Landrum then stepped to the forefront and told the vets, "I want to take up where Sonny Montgomery left off."

1 comment:

RepubliKhanZ said...

Can a nonprofit religious group like Missission Mississippi get involved in political campaigns?