Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ross in McComb

McComb Enterprise-Journal: Ross says his record in state office solid: Senator seeks spot as U.S. Rep. - "As a state senator for 10 years, Charlie Ross penned Mississippi’s version of the Castle Doctrine, pushed for tort reform and consistently voted pro-life. 'I believe my background shows that I have a record of getting things done, that I am capable of hitting the ground running, and that I would be a good congressman,' Ross said. 'I felt like it was the right race at the right time.' So what would Ross push for if elected? Among the priorities Ross considers important is military funding. 'Nobody ever got into a war or lost a war by being strong,' he said. That philosophy also makes Ross unwilling to support a near-future exit from Iraq. 'With regard to the war, I think the U.S. must lead,' he said. 'It would be a terrible mistake to precipitously leave. It would make us appear weak and diminish our standing in the world.'"

No comments: