Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Broadwater Campaign Email

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2008

BROADWATER BELIEVES HE HAS AN ADVANTAGE IN AVOIDING THE PITFALLS OF WASHINGTON

James Broadwater has issued a statement in light of the recent scandals in Washington, such as the ones regarding U.S. Senators David Vitter and Larry Craig, and the open homosexuality of U.S. Representative Barney Frank, a Democrat, which is largely ignored by the Democrat Party and their media partners.

"I heard David Vitter speak once when he was still a U.S. Representative, before he got into the U.S. Senate," Broadwater said today, "and I remember him saying that he was paying more for a small studio apartment in Washington, D.C. than he had ever paid in rent for any place in his life. I realized that there was no way that he and his entire family could have been in a studio apartment, and I understood that he must have been his time in Washington, D.C. alone - away from the comforts of family and home. I realized that it's probably true that most of the other members must be in the same situation. I also know that the officials who we elect to represent us face strong efforts from both inside and outside of our country to influence the legislative process - people try to bribe, bully, or blackmail them into doing things that are bad for our country and our people. The bribes include money, sex, trips - a lot of things. The bullying includes threats to the elected official and / or his family.

"I am very blessed in that I have a wife and son who will come to Washington, D.C. with me if I am elected. We will be living together, and they will visit me in my office often. They'll probably even be helping out with the work at times.

"Another big plus is that we home school, which gives us the freedom to educate our son anywhere we happen to be. We can literally take off and live in Washington for most of the year without any problem whatsoever. Instead of the hassle of having to change schools, it's just part of a big adventure for us.

"My family will be close by. I'll be with my own wife every night, and that really helps take care of one kind of temptation. We'll be together, which adds to our security and helps alleviate any threats to the safety and well-being of my family. It's so much better than if they were in Mississippi and I was in Washington most of the year and I had to wonder whether they were all right, and I had to wonder how they were doing without their husband and daddy, or wonder what I was missing out on and what they were missing out on by not having me there. I am thankful to God that I have a family who will be coming to Washington with me if I'm elected. They will be making it that much easier for me to do my job to the best of my ability, with God's help."

Broadwater for Congress
P.O. Box 320721 | Flowood, MS 39232
601-896-4933 (C) | info@jamesbroadwater.com
http://www.jamesbroadwater.com

No comments: