Friday, January 11, 2008

Landrum Recap

1} CottonMouth: David Landrum's 3rd Ad / Be Afraid - "Open with Kim Jong Ill, A terrorist and folks carrying off a body. Cool military graphics follow. Apparently before he joined the Primerica cult he was in the Army. He agrees with everyone running saying 'our troops deserve the best.' Warm fuzzy ending. He's going to keep us safe according to the serious announcer."

2} Daily Leader - Landrum hopes to succeed Pickering as 3rd Dist. Rep. - "I always tell people - I'm not a lawyer, I'm not a bureaucrat, I'm not a politician," Landrum said during a stop in Brookhaven Tuesday. "I'm running for this seat on a platform of common sense and business leadership, and I feel I can bring something different to the table." During his 28 years with Primerica Financial Services, based in Atlanta, Ga., Landrum helped his employers to open more than 100 locations around the country. Landrum is also no stranger to the political scene, having been a member of Gov. Haley Barbour's 2003 transition team and a recent member of his finance committee. He also served on Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant's steering committee, helping the campaign determine its direction. "If I have 100 vice presidents that I'm responsible for, that's like trying to herd cats," he said. "In order to do it successfully, you have to build a consensus, and that's what I've done for 28 years. Economic development is not a political point to me, it's what I do." Landrum said he plans to use his knowledge of business affairs to try to "renew" the Republican Party. He said he is for making investments and establishing infrastructure, but he wants to make sure the country's leaders spend money on the right things.

3} CottonMouth: Landrum Introduces A Soft Line Of Attack on His Opponents In This Ad

4} Volunteer Activities for Saturday, Jan 12 - The Landrum Campaign will have volunteers going door to door and delivering yard signs in the Metro Area on Saturday, January 12. They will walk from 9:30 to 4:30. Meet at either the Rankin or Madison Offices. Contact Chris Milone at 601.862.8395 or chris@davidlandrum.com for the Rankin area and Camille Broome at 601.989.9054 or camille@davidlandrum.com.

5} Laurel Leader Call - Landrum seeking hometown support

No comments: