Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ross Campaign Email

Now that the holiday season is over, the campaign is hitting the ground running! On Wednesday, January 2, I filed my qualifying papers with the Republican Party in order to officially run for the Third Congressional District. Last night, we had an extremely successful fundraiser event in Jackson at the home of Bill and Betsy Latham, with over 100 hosts and sponsors.

This past week, the Club for Growth Political Action Committee endorsed our campaign. This organization recognized my eleven years of service in the Mississippi legislature as a champion of economic legislation and decided to make their endorsement now. The Club for Growth is a national organization that believes prosperity and opportunity come through economic freedom. The group shares the same Reagan vision of limited government and lower taxes that I firmly believe in. I am very grateful for the support from this organization. A copy of the endorsement is on my website.

As your Congressman, one of my focuses will be expanding economic development in the district. I believe that workforce training fosters economic development. By giving workers the tools they need to succeed, they can shape their own future. I believe in the old saying, "it is better to teach someone how to fish than to just give them a fish." I will work closely with our community colleges throughout the district to strengthen and expand the training programs they already offer. Having a capable workforce is the key to attracting new, higher-paying jobs to the area.

I have also been very busy on the campaign trail visiting McComb, Brookhaven, Magnolia, Prentiss, Meridian, and Simpson County in the past few days. The responses that I have received have been overwhelmingly positive. We will continue to visit all parts of the district throughout the campaign, and I look forward to the opportunity to meet everyone of you. If there is an event or activity in your town that you would like for me to attend, please contact the campaign office. The phone number is at the bottom of this email.

Until next time,

Charlie Ross

No comments: