Thursday, February 7, 2008

Meridian Letter Against Landrum

Meridian Star:

Doesn't support Landrum

Over the past several weeks, I have heard from several people that David Landrum, candidate for Congress in the Third District, has the support of Congressman Pickering's staff. As a retired assistant to Congressman Pickering for almost 11 years, I am not supporting him, and to my knowledge none of the other staffers are supporting him either. I was planning to remain neutral in this race, but these rumors, spread by the Landrum campaign, have caused me to rethink that decision and I have decided to work to correct the record.

Mr. Landrum has also been running television commercials claiming, "I am not a lawyer, a politician, or a bureaucrat." I'm not sure who is advising him, but I think it is a mistake to tout his inexperience. Voters should remember that Senator Lott, Senator Wicker and Congressman Pickering all had experience working in Congress prior to being elected. In fact, Governor Haley Barbour was a lawyer, a politician and a bureaucrat before he was elected Governor and he has done great things for our state.

Carol Mabry
Newton

No comments: