Friday, December 7, 2007

Rounsaville's Roots

Monitor-Herald: Big Creek native seeks to succeed Chip Pickering - "A nice crowd of hometown supporters turned out to send John Rounsaville down the campaign trail, hopefully to victory in the race for 3rd Congressional District. 'It means a lot that the home folks will do this for me,' Rounsaville said. The county Republican party and friends and family of Rounsaville joined together to sponsor the kickoff. Rounsaville pointed to his rural, farm upbringing as a strength in representing the 3rd District. 'A lot of the candidates in this race are from the Jackson Metro area,' Rounsaville said. 'I live there, but I feel my background helps me know more than just the Jackson Metro area. I appreciate the rural areas. I am the best candidate for the job because I’ve done the job for the last 10 years,' he said, referencing his work for retiring Congressman Chip Pickering, for Gov. Haley Barbour, and as head of the United States Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development Agency office in Jackson."

No comments: