Monday, June 9, 2008

Is this a real Joel Gill interview?

This portrays itself as an interview between Joel Gill and Richard Barrett's racist organization. Is this for real?

The Joel Gill Interview

The alleged interview has Gill saying that he is elected as an alderman in an eighty-percent black town, "so I have to go in that direction." He mentions his first fundraiser is coming up and everyone there will be Obama supporters, and he can't come out against Obama because "I am right there at Holmes County and it is mostly black." Gill says he can't get close to Richard Barrett because "It would hurt my chances" and turned down a meeting with Barrett's people because "If my opponent found out and there were pictures taken, it could hurt me." When asked about a picture on his web site with Bennie Thompson, Gill says, "I wanted to show that I am a lobbyist. I am trying to get some support for my area. Did you, also, notice my picture with Trent Lott?" When asked about the flag vote Gill said, "Well, I am for our heritage." Gill describes his opponent Gregg Harper as "very flaccid" and says "not appealing." In the end, Gill says he was just returning the call but can not accept any support from Barrett's organization, but he'll take their money.

No comments: