Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gill on Science

In his responses to Scientists and Engeineers for America, Joel Gill rejects the premise of global warming ("Being in the cattle business, I question why just now are cow bealches and flatulence being blamed for global warming. They have been preforming these natural functions since the beginning of time. I suggest that we are in a normal cycle that will in the next 100 years return to the cooler temperatures of the past.") and shares his energy policy ideas:

"With the rising cost of fuel, people will self limit and shift to those fuel efficient vehicles on their own so I do not favor mandating greater restrictions on manufactures. I support greater research to develop military vehicles that will be more fuel efficient and enviroment friendly. I favor more nuclear develpoment for electricty. I favor more research on hydrogen as a fuel. I favor providing credits to promote more usage of Geo thermal technology for home heating and cooling. For the immediate future, I favor expanded drilling operations both off shore and in ANWR and new refineries provided the oil stays in the United States and does not enter the world market. This must be coupled with a requirement to ensure no or very little reduction in the current amount of oil supplied to by sellers in this nation."

He also makes statements on the environment and stem cells, "I do not favor expansion of the current wetlands policies which encraoch on private property rights. I somewhat lean in favor of support more stem cell research."

No comments: